- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Apply At Fortis College Today! Explore the Career Programs.
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- And more...
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Veterinary Assistant
- And more...
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- AS - Medical Assistant
- AAS - Medical Assistant
- DIP - Medical Assistant
- And more...
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Clinical Assistant - Diploma
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
Brenau Adult and Graduate Studies: Designed with You in Mind
If you are a busy, working adult, Brenau offers professionally focused undergraduate and graduate degrees and professional certification programs in flexible, convenient formats that meet your goals and fit your schedule. Brenau has a rich history of 135 years, with more than 35 years of experience in delivering programs for adults. As a Brenau student, you can schedule your classes in a format that is convenient to you. Many of our programs can be completed 100% online.
- Health Care Management (M.B.A.) Online
- Earn your degree online from Ashford University!
- Choose from Undergraduate and Graduate classes
- Business, Health Care, Psychology and Liberal Arts programs to choose from
- Apply Now! Classes begin every Tuesday!
- BA in Gerontology
- Several nursing programs are available at the bachelor's, post-graduate, master's, and doctoral levels.
- Graduate-level specialization options include Nurse Educator, Family Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Administrator, and more.
- Nursing programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Nursing (BS)
- Non-profit university accredited by WASC Senior Commission
- Professors with real-world experience and student centered approach
- Flexible, fully online degree programs responding to the market needs
- All courses are offered six times a year with clear path to completion and reduced time-to-degree
- No additional costs for textbooks or other fees
- Personal support from application to graduation leading to high retention and graduation rates
- Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences
- Master of Science in Health Sciences
Alaska is one of the best paying states for the medical assistant. An assistant earns around $34,000 in an average at Alaska medical facilities. The assistant can obtain a job in hospitals, nursing homes and healthcare facilities. However, you need to complete a certification course in medical assistance to get into the job. Finding a suitable course involves several important aspects. You need to start by checking the eligibility of the program to provide a valid certificate. In other words, confirm the accreditation of the program. Look for authorization from CAAHEP or ABHES. Follow this by verifying the course curriculum. Most courses present the curriculum online for the aspirant to evaluate. If it is unavailable, you can always contact the administrator and ask for it.
Patient interaction training
Handling inquiries from patients and their families is an important aspect of medical assistance job responsibilities. The course must have separate sections devoted to training this. The assistant may often have to undertake responsibilities like breaking unfortunate news to the patient family. This requires a high standard of professional empathy and medical ethics. Again, the assistant may also be the bringer of good news to families waiting in anxiety. You can find quite a few medical assistant schools in Alaska. Compare the curriculum of the different courses and find the one you think is most appropriate.
Handling multiple responsibilities
The assistant has to handle the administrative healthcare responsibilities for several patients simultaneously. To be good at the job, the professional has to provide individual attention to each patient. This needs a keen sense of ensuring wellness and relief for everyone under the assistant’s care. In addition, the professional also handles new admissions and discharges. He/she must be efficient in interacting with people in stressed situations. This also requires special training. Find the program from the medical assistant schools in Alaska where you meet these requirements.