- Apply At Fortis College Today! Explore the Career Programs.
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- And more...
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Clinical Assistant - Diploma
- Medical Billing and Coding - Certificate
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Veterinary Assistant
- And more...
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Certificate in Medical Assistant
- Medical Office Specialist Diploma
- And more...
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected and innovative Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Clinical Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Health Information Management, Billing and Coding - Diploma
- Veterinary Assisting
- Physical Therapy Aide
- Medical Billing Specialist
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Alaska is one of the best paying states for the medical assistant. An assistant earns around $34,000 in an average at Alaska medical facilities. The assistant can obtain a job in hospitals, nursing homes and healthcare facilities. However, you need to complete a certification course in medical assistance to get into the job. Finding a suitable course involves several important aspects. You need to start by checking the eligibility of the program to provide a valid certificate. In other words, confirm the accreditation of the program. Look for authorization from CAAHEP or ABHES. Follow this by verifying the course curriculum. Most courses present the curriculum online for the aspirant to evaluate. If it is unavailable, you can always contact the administrator and ask for it.
Patient interaction training
Handling inquiries from patients and their families is an important aspect of medical assistance job responsibilities. The course must have separate sections devoted to training this. The assistant may often have to undertake responsibilities like breaking unfortunate news to the patient family. This requires a high standard of professional empathy and medical ethics. Again, the assistant may also be the bringer of good news to families waiting in anxiety. You can find quite a few medical assistant schools in Alaska. Compare the curriculum of the different courses and find the one you think is most appropriate.
Handling multiple responsibilities
The assistant has to handle the administrative healthcare responsibilities for several patients simultaneously. To be good at the job, the professional has to provide individual attention to each patient. This needs a keen sense of ensuring wellness and relief for everyone under the assistant’s care. In addition, the professional also handles new admissions and discharges. He/she must be efficient in interacting with people in stressed situations. This also requires special training. Find the program from the medical assistant schools in Alaska where you meet these requirements.