Northwestern College is a special place. Focused programs. Flexible schedules. Supportive faculty. Externship opportunities. But you probably know all of that. What you may not know is what’s behind it. Our history, our mission, our whole philosophy really. Simply put, it’s about preparing people well and quickly for a lifetime of opportunities.
- Medical Assisting Certificate
- Dental Assisting Certificate
- Coding Specialist Certificate
- And more...
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Insurance Billing and Office Administration
Harrison College prides itself on truly knowing our students -- their lives and families, obstacles and motivations and their dreams and goals. We also know their potential -- that's why for more than 100 years, our mission has been to provide a supportive environment, with the expectation that their success also benefits their families, friends and communities. That's the Harrison Difference.
- Medical Assisting Diploma
- Medical Office Assistant
- Medical Billing Specialist
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding
- Veterinary Assisting
- Physical Therapy Aide
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
Finding a job in healthcare can help you to build a secured future. However, you need specialist training to gain a good access point to the profession. The medical assistant training can be a suitable answer. You need to find a suitable course providing the training. Some schools provide a diploma degree whereas others provide an associate’s degree. The certificate program in medical assistance is also very popular. You have to look at the different aspects of selecting a suitable program. Start by checking the course fees. Calculate the total costs of the different programs. Then, filter the schools by their locations. See which one is convenient for you to attend. Based on these parameters, you can set up a list of preferred schools. Evaluate these one by one to decide on the right program.
Extensive practical training
You need to evaluate the practical training aspect at the school. You have to learn about handling expensive and sensitive medical equipments. While conducting the test, you must ensure maximum patient comfort. See whether the course includes a section on teaching medical ethics. Look close at the curriculums of the medical assistant schools in Illinois. See the course structure. See whether you get to learn the basics about anatomy and physiology. You have to assist the surgeon in the operation room. This requires extensive skills in remaining calm during the operation. It is not easy for an untrained professional to withstand seeing an operation. Find whether the school trains you on this aspect.
Inspect job prospects
Inspect the job prospects on completing the course. Talk with the counselors at the medical assistant schools in Illinois. In Illinois, the average salary of a medical assistant stands at $48,000. You can get jobs in general hospitals, nursing homes, clinics and other healthcare facilities. The Illinois School of Health Careers and the Westwood College are two major centers for receiving training. Besides, there are other schools in the state.